Interested in volunteering with us?! That is wonderful! We have compiled a list of commonly asked questions to get you started. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator with any additional questions at email@example.com
Is there an age limit for volunteering?
- Yes, we do require volunteers working physically at our homes be 12 years or older. However, there are many ways younger children can help! For example, assisting with the preparation and delivery of a meal or baked goods. Holding a donation drive or a fundraiser!
How can groups volunteer?
- There are several ways groups can volunteer. Most commonly our group volunteers assist with the home, meals and baking teams. We do have limits on the number of people working in the houses at one time. However, this can all be worked out through our team leaders.
Can I volunteer during the week/weekend?
- Yes, we do have certain days and times during the work week for volunteers to work in the houses. We also have a few Saturdays available for volunteers to assist with the home team! Our homes are never open on Sundays. We set this day aside for residents to relax and enjoy some privacy and quiet time.
Do I need an appointment to volunteer?
- Yes, we do require our volunteers to schedule their volunteer sessions prior to showing up. This can be accomplished through our team leaders or the volunteer coordinator.
Can I receive documentation of my volunteer hours?
- Yes, we can accommodate validating volunteer hours. Our volunteers can create accounts in the Army’s Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS) or My Air Force Volunteer where hours can be validated. We can also validate individual forms.
How can I keep up with current volunteer needs?
- The best way to learn about current volunteer needs outside of our teams is to like our Facebook page, Landsuthl Fisher House. We will advertise for volunteers to assist us with any special events.
Do I need any special training/certification(s) to volunteer?
- No, we do not require any special training or certifications to volunteer. We do host volunteer orientations that we advertise on our Facebook page, Landstuhl Fisher House. These orientations provide information on our mission, background and volunteer opportunities. Orientations are not mandatory but can be very informative for our volunteers.