There are many different ways to volunteer with the LRMC Fisher House! We have a small staff of five and would never be able to carry out the everyday tasks of running our homes without our incredible volunteers! Our volunteers are organized into five teams.
- Home Team: provides assistance in the form of yard/landscape work (Seasonal) and special projects. As far as special projects, we look for people who have specialized skills such as painting, carpentry, and automotive skills (Maintaining the Fisher House Van).
- Meals Team: provides meals in the form of breakfast and dinner several days a week for our residents! Our guests are required to provide their own meals during their stay. Trying to determine “what is for dinner” is often very exhausting after a day at the hospital. Which is why, the meals provided by this team are so greatly appreciated!
- Baking Team: provides baked goods for our guests. We like to have these snacks in the kitchen for guests to grab on their way to the hospital. This is a great way to help lift the spirits of our residents!
- Fisher House Ambassadors: comprised of volunteers who enjoy public speaking! They have been trained on how to represent us at different events. They are vital in spreading the word about our mission!
- Photography Team: comprised of local photographers who volunteer to photograph events for us! Their beautiful photos are used to update our website and social media accounts!
Please know how much we appreciate our Volunteers and the support and talent they bring to our program! We couldn’t provide the level of comfort and care our residents so rightfully deserve without the support of our amazing community!
If you are interested in learning more about our teams or have any questions regarding volunteer opportunities please email our Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, we will advertise additional volunteer opportunities on our Facebook page, Landstuhl Fisher House.